cultural appropriation is putting fireflies in a jar
and letting them light up your bedroom
as you drift off to sleep.
and when you wake up all the lights have flickered out
but only when you’re older do you realize
you slowly suffocated them so
that you could enjoy their glow.
that just knocked the breath from me
ALSO IM SO FUCKING TIRED OF VIOLENT MEN
- The US Government: We're not going to make it federally mandatory for people to get paid a wage they can actually live off of
- The US Government: If people want to make a living, they'll just have to work 16+ hours a day
- The US Government: And if their kids end up disenfranchised because of a lack of parental involvement, well that's not our problem
- The US Government: In fact, what is our problem is creating a system that will funnel these disenfranchised youth into our prison system so they can work for corporations (that promise us money) for damn near free
- The US Government: If they don't want to fall victim to this system, then they can seek higher education
- The US Government: Except such an education will be inaccessible to most disenfranchised people and skewed in favor of the financially stable
- The US Government: And we're not going to make intervention programs like sex education and conflict resolution federally mandatory, because that's the parent's job
- The US Government: The parent who is working 16 hours a day
The Beatles - “You Really Got A Hold On Me” - Live at the BBC
The Beatles covering the Smokey Robinson and The Miracles track (the original title having been “You’ve Really Got A Hold On Me”), with John on lead vocal., George singing close harmonies, and Paul providing the backing vocals. It was included on their second album, With The Beatles, and is heard here in a fantastic live version for the BBC.
made entirely from prescription warning labels